Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Holidays!!

*all photos are stolen from my sisters awesome new camera

Can I just saying having a child is so AMAZING?!?! I forgot how much fun it was to believe in Santa so much and be so excited for him to come to your house!

I took off work on Thurs and Friday. We started off Thursday by going over to my sisters house to make cookies. Mandy and I were really lazy about it. We bought pre mixed stuff and got really bored after the first batch. We kept cooking though and ended up making 4 differnt kinds of cookies. Travis was so helpful this time around and I think he really enjoyed himself.




Then we decided to have a little photo shoot with Travis. He is getting so much better at smiling on cue. We found that if we make him say "PICKLE!" we can get a smile out of him. Funny how a picture can make things look so nice. Example the woods behind our house looks awesome when really they are not all that. LOL!






Friday Travis and I ran some errands and got his hair cut. That night I watched my 4 neices for a couple of hours. Is it weird that having 5 kids is easier then having 1? I was able to do the dishes, put away laundry, and talk with Steve for a half an hour. I mean I was constantly getting people drinks and snacks but they entertained each other the entire time. I love having all of them over! They play "family" the whole time they are over. Travis is always the brother. Madison was the "middle school kid." Kiersten was the mom and Dulanie was both the "mean cat" (that would scratch and hiss at you) or Santa Claus. HAHA!!! So funny.

Saturday was Christmas Eve. FINALLY Santa was coming! My aunt from FL was up so my mom and her stopped by my sisters house. That evening we went to visit with Steve's grandmother and his family. When we got home we went to my sisters and exchanged gifts with them. Travis started to get a little weird about Santa coming to his house that night. I think it freaked him out a bit. But he wanted to put out cookies and milk and made sure to tell the dog several times not to eat them. HAHA!

Christmas morning was so exciting. I loved that Travis was into opening the gifts. Thanks to Mandy and Matt for taking pictures for us!
My FAVE!




Happy Holidays!!

2 comments:

  1. I love how our post are exactly the same since we hang out together 24/7!! lmao!

    Travis was so much fun this year!! Loved spending Christmas with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was thinking the same thing. HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete