Tuesday, June 14, 2011

24 Months

Dear Travis,

This past weekend you turned 2. That means for the past 24 months you have been mine, making me laugh, smile and work harder then I've ever had to work in my life. You are shaping up to be a pretty great guy. You have a sense of humor and know how to make a joke. You will pretend to cry or be hurt and then yell "Just Kidding!!!" 


You are also a nice person. You are concerned about other peoples feelings and will ask "You ok?" if someone falls or says "ouch!" You love mommy and daddy but you love your dog Jake the most! Poor Jake! You have to touch him constantly and you are always patting him on the head telling him he is a "good boy." If Jake is not in the room with you, you will ask "Where's Jake?" and call for him. And sometimes when we are out you will say "I go home and see Jakey." You miss him.


You are learning something new everyday. You are talking like nobodies business. You refer to yourself in third person "Twav go outside?" "Twav eat teddy bear cookies?" You know when to say please and thank you. Sometimes you say 'Thank you' and then 'Your Welcome' in a different, more high pitched voice. You also repeat everything that we say. If we ask you a question, instead of an answer you just repeat the question. You copy Daddy's actions constantly. If daddy crosses his legs, you cross yours. 


You love playing with other kids and (un) fortunately you are surrounded by girls. All your cousins are girls and so are all your neighbors. You are ok with sharing but I think you do great since you are an only child. You love to go over to Pop Pop's house and play with the girls. Sometimes you will demand that I take you over there. They have all the good toys and snacks :)


You are the best at traveling/shopping/eating out (if the food comes fast). This past week you asked if you could get out of the shopping cart. I said yes as long as you stayed with me and Aunt Mandy. And told me ok and you kept your word. If you ran off we would yell for you and you would come running over screaming 'Ok Mandy! Ok Mommy!' 

                                 

You don't give me a hard time and barely have tantrums. You are able to compromise and tell me exactly what you want. On Sunday I told you "Thanks for being the best baby ever!" And you answered "Ok Momma, your welcome!"

We had your big birthday party last Saturday. You did amazing. You played. You thanked everyone. You were excited. I hope you remember how special that day was. The next 12 months are going to be perfect

Happy Birthday Twav!
Love ,
Momma

3 comments:

  1. awwwww...this really pours out your emotions. If I was Travis I'd be crying!!! So sweet, Laura! Congrats on being a GREAT Mommy to a great little man for 2 years :) And Happy Birthday Trav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! So great that you got so much in about Travis...it will be a wonderful reminder for you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I want to remember that day forever. You only turn 2 once ! ;)

    ReplyDelete