Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Weekend in Review: It feels like summer!

 YAY!! It feels like summer now. I LOVE IT!!! Last weekend was wonderful. I had Travis basically all weekend to myself. Steve was out crabbing and playing the 100 sports that he plays on weekends. I had to work late on Friday but when I finally made it home I decided to take Travis to the park for a couple of hours. I had fun chasing him around and he made me go down the slides with him. He is very demanding. ;)



There is a pond at the park and we were on the prowl for ducks. We didn't see any but we kept hearing a "HONK HONK" goose noise. We walked around the other side of the pond to see if there were any geese and that is when something jumped out of the marsh grass. I have no idea what it was but I screamed so loud. Travis laughed at me and kept asking "You scared?"  Yes. Actually I was. HA!  


After the playground we went home and there were firetrucks across the street from our house. Travis could not believe his luck!!! In the excitement to look at the trucks I ran out the front door and locked it behind me :( My mother in law had to come let us in. (Steve was about 40 mins away at his cousins house). *The firetruck/ambulance were there because my neighbor electrocuted himself he is OK!

Saturday Steve went crabbing all morning so Travis and I headed to the pool after running a few errands. It was so nice because he can basically play in the baby pool by himself and I can sit there with my feet in the water and get my tan on! First year ever that I am not half hunched over holding his hand for an hour at a time. My little fish swam all day. Then we went to my inlaws to eat the crabs that daddy caught. YUM!
  

Sunday was another pool day. Both days resulted in below:


I also made (with the help of my mom) these goodie bags for Travis' cowboy themed bday party this Saturday. Can't believe he is turning 2!!


My sister is coming home today and I can't wait to hear all about her trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment