Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend in Review: Out with the old......

...In with the new PLAYROOM!! We got SO MUCH done this weekend! It felt great! I have been wanting to clear out our spare bedroom for awhile now and make it a play room for Travis. No one ever spends the night in there and honestly we have been using it as a storage/junky yucky room. Saturday I took babysat 2 of my 4 nieces. While we were all at the pool, Steve fixed up the toy room. It looks GREAT!! It still needs some decorating but I really love it!  Here is a shot of Travis watching TV in the room. I love all the colors! I think I am going to stick with the color theme and paint some pictures frames for the wall.


Since we had so much stuff in that room I was a frequent visitor at the goodwill this weekend. Felt so good to drop off bags and bags of things we just never use. YAY!! Progress was made!! Anyway back to the weekend. Since I had Kiersten and Madison all day Saturday we met my parents up at the pool. The kids had a blast and played 'family' the entire time. Kiersten was the mother, Madison the sister and Travis was the brother. The funny part was they all called each other "mother" "brother" "sister." HA!! I asked them who I was. They told me I was the soccer coach. LOL! Then I turned into the aunt. Travis got really into the game and even started referring to himself as "brother." Here is a picture of them on the playhouse at the pool. They are all in different "rooms' of the house.


Sunday Travis traveled with me all over. We went to goodwill, Kmart, the mall and lastly Target. He was SOOO good. I bought him a smoothie at Target because he was being so cooperative. He drank half the drink and then handed to me and said "oh my gosh Travis is SOOOO cold!!" He cracks me up. When we got home all the neighbors were out front playing in a baby pool. Travis and I joined in on the fun. Later that night we met my parents for dinner. Here is a picture of Travis. He told me "I go read now" and I found him like this. ;)


All in all a great weekend and I feel like we got so much accomplished!

4 comments:

  1. awesome! i love weekends like this! it's great you are getting him hooked on those Target smoothies at such a young age...they are soooo good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's been hooked on smoothies since he was in my belly. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toy room looks great! Can't wait to see it!! Looks like you guys had a great weekend!! Travis is so funny! Love reading about him! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe Travis! He is such a sweet little boy. Looks like you had a great weekend, Laura!

    ReplyDelete