Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend in Review: Nonstop FUN!

Wow! This weekend was busy! I don't think I sat down for more then 10 mins besides sleeping. But as always we had tons of fun.

I came home from work on Friday and Steve suggested we go to the Ave for dinner since he wanted something from AC Moore. We took some stale bread with us and stopped to feed the ducks and the goats on the way to the Ave. The ducks were so "friendly" aka scary and surronding us. They knew we had food! Travis thought they were adorable and this one little ducky just stayed right next to him the entire time. The goats were the same way but atleast they were in a fence. I didn't feel quite as nervous. There was one ugly turkey looking thing, Travis kept calling it a gooble gooble. HA!


This was the extra friendly one that followed Travis around



After the ducks we headed to the Ave only to see a life size "Puss in Boots" from Shrek. Ummmm ok so random. And there was also a josting competition in the middle of the Ave. It was all very weird and there were about 2 people watching but Travis enjoyed the big cat.



We ended up eating at Don Pablo's. YUM! And we threw some pennies in the fountain for good luck!



Afterwards we went to Old Navy and Travis totally lived up to his terrible twos status. He was one of "those" kids....in and out of the racks, running away screaming, totally ridic! Steve and I both had a stern talking with him there. Yeah that did not work. We had to leave fast. And what did we do to show him we were serious about him behaving right? Why we bought him a toy there of course. Not sure what type of parenting technique we were using but I know we both felt bad about being mean to him. I know he did not want to be in Old Navy shopping so we probably should of just skipped the store completely. So Travis acted like an jerk...but he got a Lighting McQueen lunch box. Travis =1 Mom and Dad=0....Maybe next time we will win ;)

Saturday morning Travis and I got up early and went to Dutch Wonderland with the inlaws plus my mom. The kids had BLAST!!! Travis loves all the rides and cried when each one was over.

According to the girls this made their "tummy tickle!"



Highlight of his day!


Today we had about 20 people over again for the Ravens game. Tons of food and cheering! The girls went up to Essex Day for a little bit. Nothing much up there but I did get a Halloween sign for out front. I am now fully decorated on the outside of the house. Just have to get my inside stuff up. Kiersten came over all day. Her and Travis are so great together. They play so good and she has a very good imagination. He goes right along with her stories and ideas. I felt like I did not even see them all day long because they were off playing. Running in and out of the house. Love that.

I am so sad that summer is over but I do love Halloween. This year I am sure will be the best yet!
I am so ready for bed. Travis seems wide awake. Hoping bed time comes quick because I am beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment