Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weekend in Review: A Potty and A Party

This weekend started off on a bad foot. It took me 3 yes 3 hours to get home from work on Friday. I was so annoyed to be stuck in traffic and even more annoyed because I really had to use the bathroom. When I finally made it home I put on my sweatpants and told Steve I was not leaving the couch. So we ordered pizza and let Travis eat his pizza while watching Yogi Bear AKA the dumbest movie ever. It turned out to be a fun movie night.

 I was determined to put Travis on the potty as often as I could. He really does not mind sitting on it he just does not get the whole idea of "going" on the potty. (Warning there is going to be alot of potty pictures in this post). Friday night he sat and sat and read and colored and sat on the potty.



Saturday we had nothing to do. This amazing scenario has not happened in forever. I decided I was going to return some items at the Ave and take Travis along. My mom decided to go with me. Then my dad said he was going. Then Steve wanted to go. So we all went. The Ave was having a Corvette show going on. Travis thought Lighting McQueen from Cars was everywhere. My dad and Trav even got to sit in one.



After the Ave we came home and Travis and I made cupcakes for Jake the dogs birthday. I've been talking up Jake's bday and Travis keeps informing me that Jake would like a "slinky dog" Happy birthday cake. We settled for Funfetti cupcakes instead. Travis was a great helper. I accidently dropped an egg on the floor while trying to crack it into the bowl. While I was cleaning it up I came back and saw this in the mixing bowl:


Yummy!


I guess Travis decided to add his own egg. Shells and all. We had fun baking together and I am going to start including him in more cooking/baking experiments. He is always so antsy when I am making dinner. So maybe letting him help will make it easier.

Stir Stir
Travis also was all about having two cups so he could do this all night:

Not weird at all......
And we  sat on the potty in between baking some cupcakes!




Sunday we were having people over for the Raven's game. We also went to see my neighbors dance at the Watersedge Festival in Dundalk. The girls were so cute at the show!  After there we came home and Travis played with his cousin Madison who was over. Poor Maddie ran right into my glass door on the deck. No idea what happened. I mean I did clean the glass but I didn't think it was that clean! Poor girl had a bump on her head and a bloody lip! We also celebrated Jake's bday. I don't have a picture but Jake sat there very nicely while we sang to him. And then he ate the cupcake it one bite. Travis like them too:

Everyone left and back to the potty Travis went......still with no luck. Hey atleast we tried!

Again...not weird at all......
Happy Monday!!!!!!!! <---I wrote this on Monday but didn't post until Tuesday because my pictures would not upload.

3 comments:

  1. Priceless! LOVED the picture of the egg in the bowl!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture of the egg in the bowl, hilarious!!

    Trav gets to do so many fun things!

    Love the potty pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww sounds like an awesome weekend :) I lol'd at the egg in the bowl - can so see that happening in my house, too ;)

    ReplyDelete