Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Try a new recipe - 30 before 30

One of my goals is to try out some new recipes. I have a calender at home that has a differnt recipe each month. Since we are in the 5th month of the year and I have YET to make any of the recipes I decided to try out March's BBQ Chicken Taco's. I kind of did a variation of the recipe on the calendar but here is what I did:

Took a pack of the Perdue Shortcuts Grilled chicken and seasoned it in Taco seasoning.

Heated up a bag of frozen red and green bell pepper strips.

Using the stand and stuff taco shells, stand them up in a 9 X 13 baking dish.

Fill each shell with chicken, then peppers

Now the good part.....squeeze some Sweet baby Rays BBQ sauce on each taco.

Top with Colby Jack cheese

Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted

This is what you get.......



And they were soooo good!!! Travis even liked them. Steve loved them.

Variations for next time:
I will add jalepeno's to mine
Maybe a side of sour cream?
Could also make it a burrito type meal using soft shells
Or a chicken nacho using tortilla chips......

ALSO it took me about 6 mins to prepare and 5 mins to cook. TOTAL 15 MINS!!!

4 comments:

  1. You need to post that recipe on Erin's blog. It looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No WAY!! Erins food blog is soooo good. Everyone on there is so creative. I make mac and cheese at least 3 nights a week :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you should! Everyone wants an easy recipe to make some nights. Erin would love it if you did!!

    ReplyDelete